A better life for all
It’s part of human nature to look beyond ourselves. We believe that all living creatures can profit from our findings, so we're expanding our range of products in many different directions. Improving the wellbeing of the millions of domestic animals we share our planet with, as well as preserving our world by finding amazing ways to use our solutions to reduce global warming, are just two of our goals. Wherever there is a health issue, an ecological problem, or even just plants, trees or crops having trouble growing healthily, we’re taking a very close look to see if we can possibly help. We routinely partner with some of the most prestigious universities in the world. For example, we recently worked with the Petronas University to research promising ways to use our technologies to reduce the immense carbon footprint of heavily fertilised crops.
- The Facts
- The Science
- The Products
New ways to keep livestock healthy
Healthy animals are the goal of every successful farmer. But as livestock populations increase, the risk of possible illness among them does as well. In the past, antibiotics were often the only solution. Our bioactive-based feed supplements have the power to treat and prevent diseases wherever antibiotics have reached their limits.
- Of the 100,000 tons of antibiotics used globally every year, two-thirds are given to livestock.
- The use of antibiotics on animals is expected to rise due to the growing demand for animal protein.
- The overuse of antibiotics increases bacterial resistance and can result in ‘superbugs’.
- The use of antibiotics is heavily restricted for meat sold as ‘organic’.
- A key aspect of maintaining a profitable livestock business is the prevention of disease.
We specialise in potentiating nature’s best. In our livestock health products for cows and calves, we use a patented special blend of organosulfur compounds extracted from garlic. Our products to improve the gastro-intestinal health of piglets are based on a patented and uniquely activated composition of green tea and pomegranate extracts, and will soon be made available for poultry and rabbits as well.
Our complimentary feeds Vetrinol™ and Vetrinol™ Plus help dairy farmers to improve milk yield and quality by lowering high SCC and reducing dependence on antibiotics. Vetrinol™ Neo is a natural alternative to antibiotics for the treatment of diarrhoea in calves. With the introduction of our new product Grazexin™, we are also at the forefront of improving the intestinal health of pigs, poultry, and sheep.
- The Facts
- The Science
- The Products
LIVESTOCK GREENHOUSE GAS
Let’s talk burp control
Cows have been part of human culture for a long time, providing the basis for beef as well as dairy products for millions of people. But cattle alone pollute the planet more than cars do. As ruminant animals, just like sheep, their complex digestion process produces greenhouse gases. Zaluvida has developed Mootral®, an amazing feed additive that greatly reduces the amount of methane the animals produce and also has a favourable impact on their health and development.Link to Mootral®.
- Approximately 10% of global GHG emissions are attributed to cattle (FAO, 2013).
- The CO2 pollution caused by passenger cars accounts for 7% of global GHG emissions, making cows a bigger threat to our planet than private transportation (McKinsey, 2009).
- A cow emits about the same amount of CO2 equivalents each day as the average European car driving 65-kilometre distance.
- A 30% reduction in the methane emissions of cows would be equivalent to the removal of 17% of the world’s cars, or 152 million cars worldwide.
We discovered that our lead natural compound in this area NX-RH-201, known as Mootral™, improves the gastrointestinal health of cattle and optimises digestion in livestock. The result: a possible 30% reduction in GHG emissions, simply because they burp less.
Our new feed supplements based on the Mootral™ technology not only optimise bovine ruminal fermentation and emissions, but also support the health and wellbeing of livestock. Methane production is a waste of the physical energy of the animals. Our product mixed in feed allows cows to put the extra energy back into their own body. As a result, they gain more weight and produce more milk from the same volume of feed. A win-win for everybody!